And Still counting

My Every Word

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Translation Please

I was looking into some music by The Dream today. If you haven't heard him, you have to. It should be a life necessity. Anywho........

He has a song out called "Luv Songs" In this song he sings "Let me get that 808"....I wondered...What the hell is 808??


The first thing I thought was Hawaii...but I know The Dream is from ATL (Atlanta GA) so Hawaii was out of the question. Then I looked up 808. It's a piece of equipment that allows bass to sound louder and deeper.

808-Bigg Assss Bassss Soundssss. :)

There is another one called "Right Side of Your Brain".....This one was a little easier to figure out. I did have to do a little research. When looking into it, the right side of the brain controls logic.

"The Right Side Of My Side Of My Brain"--Logic.

I like this one too. Who would think to analyse and to say the right side of the brain controls whether or not we give our hearts away....i dig it.

The Dream Also has a song called "Purple Kisses"...Mmmkkkaaayy....what is a purple kiss?

I thought maybe a hickey? That would be a much softer way to say hickey....but it was not the right answer.

Purple Kiss-Lipstick smeared kiss.

hmm....not sure if I would want this or not...all i can picture is going to my mothers house for dinner with lipstick smeared on me. I'm sure my mom would not be happy. But at home...on a week night. Purple Kiss me down lady!!

I love the dream. It's definitely good to analyse lyrics...send em my way!! Woot!

No comments: