And Still counting

My Every Word

Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson

I just can't help but think of him. I recorded like 6 hours of MTV last night. They were playing his videos and music all night long. I fell asleep with the TV and woke up to "Liberian Girl." Man, I used to LOVE that song. I mean really. Michael was such a diverse artist. He wasn't just the King of Pop. He was the King of Music.

His music paved the way for young artists like Neyo, Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake, Jay-Z, Fall Out Boy, Fat Joe....any and everyone you could think of has been influenced in one way or another by Michael Jackson's music. June 25, 2009 is a Tragic day in musical history.

Reverend Al Sharpton spoke on MTV last night...he made a statement that probably stung a lot of people. He talked about how when things were tough a lot of people turned their back on Michael. Now in his death they are here praising him. He went on to say that the people who praise him in his death should have been there when he was struggling through life. - So many people did turn their back when all the accusations went down. - To the people who don't know Michael was found NOT guilty, and I am sick of hearing jokes about his death.

Michael Jackson has forever put a dent on my life. I can't get his music out of my head, and I am happy to say that.

To Michael Jackson-Thank you for all that you have done. Rest In Peace.

To his family-Blessings and Prayers to you.

No comments: