And Still counting

My Every Word

Friday, August 28, 2009

Someone asked me about my fantasizing habits...

Someone asked me earlier this week, "What do you fantasize about?"--It took me back for a minute, until I realized it is always the same thing.

Do you ever drive and think about how you would like to "appear" to your friends, family, and strangers? I do this. More often than I thought. Don't get me wrong. I'm not some bum who mooches off of my family and hopes that my bills get paid. I work hard for my money, and I work even harder to be successful. I have had the same job, car, and home for 2 years. This is the most consistency I have had in a long time. I'm a hustler. Born and raised. I can sell ice cubes to eskimo's. I left that lifestyle behind for consistency. I'm proud to have found it.

When I fantasize...my 2 year car, job, and home is not what I picture. Not even close. I don't picture being flighty, or being the president, or inventing something that prevents cancer. I don't see myself being a surgeon, a lawyer, not even a pilot. I want this job. It's a position that many people $hit on. It's respected, and in no way shape or form easy. I want to have my own studio, and I want my people to see me produce. Not behind the mic. That dream is long over. I want to be the one mixing a beat to make a song better, I want to revamp lyrics, I want to feel bass ringing in my ears 16 hours of my day. What good is being famous for something that doesn't describe you?


I sit in my truck, play a track over and over again. I find myself thinking in my head what kind of beats would make it 1000 times better. Or a lyrical change, some harmony, and tempo. My fantasy is to be around my one true love....Her name is Music.

No comments: