And Still counting

My Every Word

Friday, March 8, 2013

How can I stand here and not be moved by you?

You could be the light to my soul.
You could be my purpose, my reason to smile when the light hits my eyes.
You calm my heart.
You have me in the palms of your hands.
How can I stand here and not be moved by you?

If anyone told me that this could get better, I would tell them "I can't handle it."
I'm bursting at the seams.
How could it be, that a single action turns my life in a different direction?
It's you. All because of you.

I sit here every morning, hands clasped.
Thinking of you and how different my life would be without you.
As the tears hit my hands, I know in this moment that this was meant to be.
You are the string that kept me holding on believing that chances at true love exist.

You take the breath from my lips.
Thank you for saving me.
I'll walk through fire for you.
I'm right here, no running. Not leaving.

Take a breath.

I'll be standing here always. Waiting patiently. No pressure. I just want you to know the writing on my heart.


This last 2 weeks have been a trial. I've had my gun stolen, shoes, and a gift card. My mail wasnt coming to the house so I had no means of collecting the checks owed me to. Thankfully it was only $200 and not thousands. I had my check garnished for $900. That's a little more than half. IF they take more taxes I will be lucky to have $600 left over. That means car payment, rent, phone bill, and other bills don't get touched. This is probably the most stressful time of my life. It's 6:30am and I havent been paid yet. I dont know if they are freezing my account or if they are cutting me a live check. Who knows. All I know is I am not freaking out yet. Thanks to Dar my world has been flipped. I can't even begin to explain it. I got out of a bad 4 year relationship. It was bad for me. Bad for her. Bad for anyone around us. I had my world crushed on 8/18. A love that I thought would be endless came to a screaching halt. After picking up my pieces I thought I fell for someone who valued me for me. All I know is that I should never have to wonder if it's ok to hold someone's hand.

Dar, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I truly think that we are almost the same person. You have done nothing but support me through this. You go out of your way to make me feel that all is well in the world. It takes a ton for me to feel ok with all this happening, and here I am sitting at my desk calm as can be with my trust in God and my comfort with you. You are the bright and shining light that led me through some dark tunnels. I stand beside myself and think of how very blessed I am to have you.

I know when the time is right the "L word" will be abundant. I'm glad this is slow. Steady. Right. Perfect. True. There will come a day when you fall completely in love with me. I just want you to know...

I look forward to it.

No comments: