And Still counting

My Every Word

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Hump Day

Happy Wednesday! Happy Hump Day!- Whatever you like to call it!


Wow! This week has been so slammed for me! I think my days always get a bit thrown off if I have 100% plans on the weekend. I think the Vegas trip almost make me feel like the weekend didn't actually come. I am excited that I am at the middle of the week already, and will have an opportunity to have a weekend. We are still evaluating the canoeing trip. We need to work out some fine details to ensure is it possible. We even thought about getting a pontoon boat and doing some fishing. That would require licenses which are pretty pricey. We could purchase one that is good for a year, but who knows how often we would go. It's a toss up of whether or not it could be a good idea to purchase. Maybe we just canoe and hang out. Still deciding.


I bought 2 tires yesterday from Discount Tire. My tires are 20 inches which means that I will pretty much always pay out big bucks to have tires. Yesterday was no different. I went to discount and they wanted $420 for 2. I wheeled and dealed a bit to get it down to $340. I'm happy, but it always makes me cringe at the thought of paying so much. The one comfort I do have, is that I shouldn't need tires for at least a year since the other 2 I have aren't all that old. Maybe 1.5 years. And thanks to the system I did with the tires, I should only need to purchase 2 at a time instead of 4 at a time. Still $340 hurts. Haha. Good thing I had funds from odd jobs to make it happen without actually touching my bank account.

My oldest Godson came over yesterday too. He's had a rough few months from not really having a place to live, no job, and not making the best decisions for his life. I try to sit him down and have a heart to heart with him. He always wants a leg up, but the problem is that he isn't 100% willing to help himself. I have given him money in the past, but he shows up a week later asking for more, and he isn't always clean. I've given him resources on rehab programs, and he says that he's trying, but I think that with a fist full of cash he will lead down the same path. So I have cut the money off for him. I'll feed him and his fiancé. Give them a ride to where they need to go, but no more money comes from me. I told him yesterday that there are ways to make money when youre in between jobs. Not some of my favorite ways, but there are ways. Donating plasma. Typically takes hours, and you only get $50. But when you have no money, that's half a week at a motel.
If they both do it. That's a full week to try to get them on their feet. Also, Labor ready. You go there early in the morning, Get work, and get paid the same day. Again, if they are both there for it, they could be on their feet quick. I want him to succeed, but I think at this point he needs to do it on his own. He has begged me to get him a hotel. I won't put my credit card or my name on anything like that. He wants me to get him a rental to drive to Louisiana. Same thing. I love him, but my name will go on nothing. It's hard to get people motivated to help themselves. I feel bad for him, but he can't stay at my house. I have an 8 year old, and a family. I know he's desperate, and don't trust him around my things at this point. It's sad to say, but it is the truth. I pray that he finds a path that he can successfully walk. --It's equally hard for me not to just help him. He's 22, and reliant on others, and drugs. He needs to rely on himself. I hope
that he knows that I do this out of love.

On other notes, this will be the pay period that I get to start saving money for my birthday! Hooray! I am looking forward to having a nice relaxing time in Las Vegas for my 30th. We have teetered with whether or not to split the time in Vegas and Laughlin. I think what I am going to do, is spend 2 night in Vegas, and the last in Laughlin. That puts us closer to Phoenix when we leave, and also keeps us in a smaller area which is nice. I am excited for the pool at the Flamingo in Las Vegas. That place is amazing, and I am excited to sip coronas and hang out. I have friends who are wanting to come too. I think that it would be awesome to rent a cabana for the day and relax in the sun. All we need to do is stay on task for the next few months and we will be able to continue with the house funds and birthday extravaganza funds too. Fingers crossed that nothing changes. I do see a potential bill in the future. Darlene's mom has a nice little Honda Fit, but it
is giving her some trouble. I have a really great mechanic who is a wiz and finding the problem, and making things affordable. We will likely take her car to him. If she can't cover all the charges, Darlene and I will likely help her out. Her mom has had some rough financial struggles over the years, and we are trying to help her get on her feet. Before Darlene and I moved in together her mom was staying with her rent free to pay off bills. She now lives in an apartment about a mile away from our home, and lives with Darlene's brother. That lease is ending in May which means she will need to save money in order to pay for some deposits at a new apartment. We paid the current deposit on the apartment and are hoping to get the majority of it back so that we aren't paying too much for another deposit. Fingers crossed.

Today will be a cleaning day for me. Once I am off of work I will be picking up where I left off last night and trying to get the house spic and span. I really love to have a clean house. I don't have much time to do it anymore since we have been so busy. This will be an opportunity to get some things done with an empty house. This means I get to blast the radio, and clean to my hearts content. I am hoping to get more than half way done before I have to go and get  from school. I am hoping to handle the house, and the back porch/back yard. I definitely have some projects that need completing. We are hoping to get everything done by the weekend. It's really nice to have the weekend be an actual weekend instead of 2 days that are used to fix what you didn't do during the week. I would rather lounge in my clean sheets and robe on the weekend then spend it doing laundry and cleaning. I have better things to do. Like lounge, go to a museum, spring
training game, even family movie night. I would much rather do that.

Last night was gym and food related. We went to the gym and put in 30 minutes of cardio. Came home and started cooking. I made about 8 chicken breasts, and some steam veggies. This will help up with staying on track throughout the rest of the week. No excuses to be hungry and eat garbage. There's something pre made so no excuses for us. It's really helpful as many times I am hungry when coming home from work. It feels like I almost need a second lunch. Having tuna or grilled chicken on hand curbs that hunger for me and ensure that I am not eating empty carbs (carbs with no protein or fiber). So I am off to the rest of my day. I hope that all is well with you. I have heard that the weather is crazy almost everywhere. Hopefully you aren't seeing that too bad. Have a great rest of your week!


Lou

No comments: