And Still counting

My Every Word

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

9 Thursday

Hello Happy Thursday!!


This week has been super busy and super stressful. There is a lot going on at work with changes, and modifications to process. I am over the week already. I am excited for the weekend. I need to relax and not have anything to do. I need a stress free weekend. It seems that tasks continue to pile on as they often do at the end of the year. I am ready to not have much to do. We were so tired last night that we didn't even go to the gym. We are pretty much obligated to go since we want these changes so badly, but last night seemed to get away from us. We had homework, meal prep, house chores, laundry, and projects for our budget. We have a friend who works for a bank and is giving us some valuable tips and tools to assist us along the way. I am hoping that we can get the ball moving on the purchase of a home sooner than later. It gets tough when it looks like your plans could fall through the cracks. This morning Darlene woke up to a short pay check. While it shouldn't harm us too badly financially it is still a cause for concern. It brought back a memory for her when her wages were garnished without her knowledge. We ran through and thought of anyone she could owe money to, and the list came up empty. Also, her tax return was denied for direct deposit by our bank. It baffled the both of us. Neither of us have any idea why BofA would do that. There will be phone calls made today, and explanations required. Just one more task that needs to be completed. I am exhausted already and the day has barely begun. Wish me luck.

Thursdays are busy days of the week for us since  has stage dreams class today. We often don't get any homework done due to the day running so closely together. Her school days are long, and Thursday nights are longer. She is guaranteed to not be in bed before 9pm. Which we are not really fans of, but it is what it is.  is only 8, almost 9 years old, and she is one of those kids that needs 10-12 hours of sleep in order to function. Going to bed at 9 once a week can really throw her day off. We are lucky on Fridays though. Since her school days end at 4pm Mon-Thurs, her school days are cut short on Fridays to 1pm. This makes up for it in a way, and gives her less opportunity for required focus on less than 10 hours of sleep.


Sometimes we have to take an inventory of what we need to have, but most times we have a pulse for what is needed. is a turkey mustard and cheese sandwich fan. Lunches are pretty easy for her.  is really the only person eating bread in the house, so we only have to buy a loaf about once every 2 weeks. If there is ever a sale, we freeze a few loaves. We like to have extras for pretty much everything. Darlene and I find it super important to ensure that we are covered. We do our best to clip coupons and find the best deals for our little family. Whatever money we can save is money we don't have to worry about in the long run. I also make it a habit to label certain products to determine how long they last. This ensures that I know what we are buying, and makes it easier to swallow a price. Our laundry detergent lasts us a few days over 3 months, our shampoo about 2.5 months, dishwasher soap 4 months, trash bags 6 months. Kraft Cheese 3.5 months. It makes it easier to pay a steeper price when I can see the direct value. If something that we use on the daily basis costs for $13.99 and lasts for 3 months that means that my actual cost is $0.15 a day. Makes it easier to buy when you think of it like that. At least for me it does.

I spent some time downtown on Wednesday for a meeting. We went to the Hyatt Regency which is a pretty nice hotel out here. I captured a picture that I liked, so I thought I would share it. At one point I was an aspiring artist who wanted to do photography for a living. I have been out of practice for 4+ years now. I love buildings, power lines, the sky. I have never really taken peoples photos well. I don't have an eye for it. I almost partook in an art show about 5 years ago. I had about 150 shots narrowed down to top 50, I was ready to print. The person who was closest to me at the time shot the idea down and expressed her opinion for how unprepared I was. I took a blow that day and haven't really picked up the camera since. It's crazy how people can affect you like that. I'm really blessed that Darlene is nothing like her. Phoenix is such a great place to take photos too. Such a photogenic city. Someday I hope to have some additional time to pick up the camera. Even if I do nothing with them, I hope to do it. There are a few canvas pictures in my house that I actually shot. I am really proud of them, and someday hope that I can afford the time and money to create more.

Money is so overwhelming isn't it? You need it to be complete most things in life. I am constantly making a change to try to make things better for us. I am constantly seeking opportunity to ensure that we are stable. Sometimes I think that is simply a piece of my astrological sign. Being a Taurus means that I thrive on stability. I like consistency, but I don't like to be too repetitive. I like knowing that things are taken care of. That we will be fine if a change is made. If Darlene lost her job tomorrow, how would that affect us? How many months could we get by. If I lost my job? How soon before I am working again. I am quick to find the answers because they are important to me. I think it is something to think about. Maybe not focus on, but something in the back of my mind. Too many people live without preparation. I know too many people my age who are out spending copious amounts of money on a weekend and are dead broke on Monday. I used to live like that, and I no longer have that mentality. I want to be able to live in a financial world without having a panic attack. I would like to be a successful 29 year old who has goals and aspirations that are within reach. I don't want to be stagnant, but I also don't want to be at risk to lose everything. Make sense?

Hopefully I didn't babble too much. I hope that your Friday is going well.

Lou



No comments: