And Still counting

My Every Word

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Fun time in the Hanemaayer household

I have had some serious time fly by in the last year. I feel like the older I get, the more rounded I become. In 2014, we enrolled  in a new elevated school. I would love to have sent her to Phoenix Christian, but the $1200 monthly payments are just not feasible when we are trying so hard to purchase a home this year. The school is great, and I have successfully developed relationships with the school staff, and Administration. I can feel the high level of respect that they have for Darlene and I. That is not something that we felt at any point at Simis. I thank God that we found her new school. Lots of changes too. is so smart. She skipped from 3rd grade to 4th grade during the first Quarter of school. It was a serious accomplishment. I had proud step mom moment.

The house looks great! I think we are furniture'd out. We have taken major strides to ensure that we have our stuff together. In 2014 we purchased new furniture, including a gorgeous bed for our Cal King, and an amazing couch.  even got a brand new bed. The queen we had her in, was too big for her room. We went to Nick's furniture and bought her an amazing leather bed. Much more space, and a really sharp bed to go with her new dressers and desk.

Home searches are underway. We have started to take steps to ensure that we are ready and available for the home buying process. I am excited that I have someone that I can trust to go on this journey with me. I feel so blessed to have Darlene. She is my sunshine. My ray of light in a dark place. My confidant, my true partner. I can't wait to marry her in August!


More to follow as I really need to get back into blogging. Enjoy your Wednesday. Stay Blessed!

No comments: