And Still counting

My Every Word

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Blowin up on A Tuesday

Good Morning,


Last night was fairly uneventful. We did talk about birthdays.  and I share a birthday month. May. Which is one of the wrong months to have a birthday in Phoenix. Ha! It's too hot! Last year we had a mediocre turn out to her birthday, and that was mainly due to the heat. This year we hope that a water theme park will attract kids to coming. She is into TMNT and Minecraft this year. What this means for Darlene and I, is that no matter which one she chooses, the party colors will be green and black. OR black and green. How lucky are we? We already purchased green and black table cloths, so 1 small part down. 15 to go! We are lucky since Grandma is a baker. We never have to worry about cakes for birthdays. Custom cakes delivered to the door. Never a bad day.

We finalized my birthday too. We are going to spend 2 night in Laughlin NV, and 1 night in Las Vegas NV.   So far, I have spent my major birthdays in Las Vegas. 21, 25, and soon to be 30. I would like to keep the tradition going as it is my favorite. Laughlin is great for poker. Better players in my opinion. Laughlin is an older crowd. It's only 3.5 hours away from Phoenix, and the poker is awesome. Not to mention we haven't had to pay for a room in Laughlin in 4 years. Never a bad day with that. I am excited. We will be coming off of a flower weekend. We will deliver flowers all weekend, then head out to Laughlin at the end of the day. It's like hard work meets the road to fun.

I bought Darlene some roses the other day. Just a reminder that I appreciate all that she does. She has always been really good at expressing how she feels, She makes it a point to have her opinion known. When it comes to big financial goals, I get lucky and she is just as motivated as I am. I have not always been so lucky with that, and I love that she is on task. It was hard last night because part of me didn't want to go to Laughlin or Vegas for my birthday because I saw it as an avenue to derail funds for the house. She puts me back into perspective. --"You only turn 30 once Lou. We are going." Which is true. Life is short. We should have fun. We can have both. A house and a big birthday.


I am launching new software systems at work today, so this one will be shorter than the others. Please let me know if I have fallen off the of the tracks of what you want to know. I hope that everyone is having a great week!!

Lou

No comments: