And Still counting

My Every Word

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My childhood bed

My mom emailed me about a month ago and asked me what she should do with my childhood bed since she was turning my bedroom into a spare bedroom. I was a little sad when I realized I had no need for it. I'm hoping some child will take good care of it. My mom hand painted this bed, and even custom designed it. Sounds funny right? It's true. The hearts on the frame were hand drawn an painted. Also if you look at the headboard you will see it's soft and cushy. I used to hit my head against it a whole lot. I was a tornado sleeper as a child, so my mom installed my own personal "airbag" to stop any further brain damage. I asked her to send me some pictures of it, and she did today. It makes me sad, but I really do hope that when she donates it that some child will really love it. I love you Mom. I'm thinking of you today.

No comments: