And Still counting

My Every Word

Monday, December 10, 2007

Because I feel this and I know many will too.

I wrote this for my ex girlfiend about 2 or 3 months ago....


Dearest Love,

It's mornings like this one when I feel your absence and the subsequent void you are leaving. I'm putting on the best damn game face I can for the whole world to see. But it's when I get these lonely moments that the best I can do is to lie in bed, listening to the cars outside. Sometimes my brain allows me to believe that you're lying beside me and I can feel the gentle graze of your sleeping breath dance across my shoulder. But the only weight in my bed is my own now, and once the tears start they don't stop, hot and bitter... resentful. My weakness pouring out of me. I then realize that i love you more than i ever loved myself. I then drift back into one of my daydreams and I suddenly remember the feeling of your mouth on my neck and the scent of your hair, the shiver racing down my spine, the overwhelming and unconditional yielding of myself unto you. because I believed those words that came out of your mouth time and time again. And I would do anything for you. Your cruelty is as devastating to me now as your kindness was to me in the beginning. And truly, the entire situation is devastating. There is a profound difference between doing what you need to do for yourself and trashing someone else in the process.

Lou

No comments: