And Still counting

My Every Word

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Fond Memories


I have a terrible memory. I mean terrible. I hold memories through song. I hear a song, and I have a memory pop through my head. It’s truly odd though. When I hear a song that I relate with a memory, I remember every single detail about where I was, what I was doing, how I felt, and even how the room smelled. Is that weird? I think it may be. Because my memory is so terrible I do keep a daily journal. And I keep EVERY single play list that I have ever made even if there are repeat songs. I can’t get rid of them. Nope.

Let me give you an example:

C.R.U.S.H. by Ciara- December of 2008. Anthony, Sabrina, Alesha, and I were living at the 11th ave house. I had this song on every night before going out. No matter what mood I was in, I was happy when hearing this song. I remember the house smelled of alcohol.

Ok here’s another:


“Pusha” by Lloyd-November 2009. Deena. Deena. Deena. I remember sitting in my room with my laptop and hearing this song for the first time. I was devastated at the mistakes I had made. I didn’t know what to do. My house smelled of Jam hair product since I was getting my hair did. I remember pouring my guts out that Deena was my one. My only. My heart my soul. It was then that I decided to get the up side down heart on my chest.


I love music for this exact reason. It makes me remember. Sometimes I don’t want to be around music. I don’t know why, but when I hit the bottom and realize I need to pick up the pieces, I start with playlist.com. I love you Deena. Never stop loving me. PLEASE.

No comments: